For 2018 we are decreasing the total number of shares available and expect to fill up quickly! There will only be one share size in 2018. This regular size share is enough vegetables for 1-4 people, depending how many meals they eat at home. For example, a single person who eats at least 5 meals a week prepared at home can usually use all the vegetables in the bag each week. A family of 4, who eat 2 meals at home, can use the contents of the bag in a week. The share isn’t intended to supply all the vegetables for a family who regularly eat most of their meals at home, but will be a great start! Because we’ve decreased the total number of shares in our CSA in an attempt to bring some balance to life, we’ve discontinued the Individual Share.
There are two ways to pay for your CSA – pay up front in full for all 3 seasons, or pay by-season. If you pay up front in full for all three seasons ($675), by January 31st, you’ll be saving $75 over the by-season rate. Full payments for all 3 seasons made between February 1st and February 28th are $700. After February 28th, the rate is $750. By-season payments are detailed below.
- Full 3 Season Share for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2018 (27 weeks) paid in full by January 31st: $675
- Full 3 Season Share for Spring, Summer and Fall 2018 (27 weeks) paid in full between February 1st-February 28th: $700
- Full 3 Season Share for Spring, Summer and Fall 2018 (27 weeks) paid in full after
March 1st :$750 EXTENDED! 5 spots left as of March 15th. Payment due March 31st.
PAY BY SEASON
- All Pay By-Season Shares must be reserved in advance, though they can be paid for separately as described below. We expect our CSA to fill quickly this year because we’ve decreased the total number of shares available. Don’t delay in reserving your spot, because it’s possible we will fill all the spots prior to March with members who are paying in full upfront.
- One Share for Spring Session (12 weeks, April 11-13 till June 27-29) paid by
March 1st:March 31st: $325
- One Share for Summer Session (4 weeks, July 11-13 till Aug. 1-3) paid by June 1st: $125
- One Share for Fall Session (11 weeks, Oct. 3-5 till Dec. 19-21) paid by September 1st: $300
Note: The fees we’re charged to accept credit cards and Paypal for CSA payments would cut into our ability to subsidize shares for our lower income members, so we’re keeping it old school and requesting checks or cash. We ask you to complete your enrollment form, selecting the entire season or each season for which you wish to reserve a spot, even if paying by the season, so we can better plan for the season.
PICK UP LOCATION/ DAYS & SEASON DATES
- 4pm until picked up On-Farm at Granite Springs
- 4:30 at Church of the Holy Family – 200 Hayes Road, Chapel Hill
- 2pm until picked up On-Farm at Granite Springs
- 3:00-6:00 pm at the Pittsboro Farmers’ Market located at Main Street Station in Pittsboro
- 4 pm until picked up On-Farm at Granite Springs
Spring Season runs April 11-13 through June 27-29
Summer Season runs July 11-13 through August 1-3
Fall Season runs October 3-5 through December 19-21