EDIT: The Open Meeting Portion of This Event Will Be Rescheduled at a Later Date. Workday and Potluck Will Go On as Scheduled!
We’re gonna try something….. Let us know what you think………
On Sunday, November 16th, we are going to have a HYBRID event….
We had already planned a work day for that afternoon so that some end-of-season tasks can be accomplished. The VERY NEXT day, Monday, November 17th, we had planned an open meeting for folks interested in the Community forming here at Granite Springs…
Let’s “weed two rows in one pass” – to coin a phrase!
- Come any time after 2:00pm to help cut/split/stack wood, get your hands in the dirt with projects, etc.
- At 5:30 we will break, wash up, share a great pot-luck dinner, with the usual congenial fellowship.
- After dinner, around 6:30, we will begin a Granite Springs Farm Community Open Meeting.
Those who stay will determine the agenda for the meeting –
Choosing from THREE topics we want to share with anyone interested in community-living…
- 1) Intergenerational Issues – how living in Community can benefit everyone from 2 – 92.
- 2) Intro to some of the practices that are guiding the development of GSF Community– Facilitation, Consensus Decision-Making, Collaboration, etc.
- 3) Report back from the Twin Oaks Intentional Community Conference in September – MANY exciting trends, practices and successes to inspire and inform us.
Plan to join us for all or any part of the day. We look forward to working, eating, sharing with you. Bring friends and family.
The leaves are changing into beautiful oranges and yellows and the air has a crispness to it that is refreshing…
This Sunday, October 19th is our Fall Open Farm Day and we’d love to have you, and a friend or two, come out to the farm beginning at 2 pm! We’ll give tours of the Fall crops and invite you to join in with sweet potato digging or a few other light farm tasks. Potato digging is particularly fun for kids! If you’d prefer to sit on our porch and visit, that’s fine too. We have lots of garlic that needs to be broken into cloves in preparation for planting, and this sort of handwork is easy and fun to do with a group while chatting. At 5 pm, we’ll share a potluck supper. Come for whatever part of the day you can, but please leave pets at home. This event will officially end at 6 pm (though folks are welcome to linger and visit) because some of us will be heading just up the road to Saxapahaw (beginning at 6pm and going till 10 pm) for RAFI’s 2nd Annual Crop Hop. Here are details to that fun fundraiser benefitting a wonderful non-profit that helps farmers: http://rafiusa.org/crophop/
Then the next evening, Monday October 20th, is our 3rd Monday of the Month Open Meeting (with yet ANOTHER Potluck!) We’ll be updating everyone with the latest news about our forming Agrarian Intentional Community including details about or membership process. Details here: The Community
And the last event in October is a Restorative Retreat from October 24th-26th. There are a few spots left for that and details can be found here: Special Events
Address for google maps is 266 Granite Springs, Pittsboro, NC 27312. We’re six miles north of Pittsboro on Hwy 87.
Hope to see you at the farm!